In the past few years interest in the kettlebell has taken off and Irish Kettlebell Info was started in 2009 at a time when information specific to Ireland was hard to come by. Kettlebell lifting is still relatively new in "the West" though it has been practised in Eastern Europe and Russia possibly back as far as 1704. Widely used across the world by Strongmen in the early 1900s it faded away before making a comeback in the last decade and a half.
On this website you will find:
- Home - IKI home page.
- Kettlebells - More information about the origins of the kettlebell, its uses and information on celebrities and sports stars who use it in their training.
- Classes - A list of instructors and facilities who offer classes in Ireland.
- Events - Upcoming events such as kettlebell workshops or competitions.
- Courses - Information on upcoming Certification courses if you are interested in teaching kettlebells.
- Suppliers - Information on where you can buy kettlebells in Ireland as well as an article advising what kind is right for you.
- Articles - Some kettlebell related articles.
- Rankings - Details on how to achieve a ranking from one of the international kettlebell lifting bodies.
Back in 2009 there were very few coaches in the country and hardly any outside of Dublin, Belfast and Cork. Kettlebells were expensive and hard to come by, there were only one or two instructors courses per year and competitions were unheard of. All that changed in 2010 and it looks like a lot more people will take up kettlebell lifting in 2011.
So if you're looking to become an instructor, trying to figure out the requirements for a kettlebell ranking, want to find a class in your area or are just taking your first steps and want to know what it's all about, Irish Kettlebell Info will have everything you need to know!
If you have any questions you can contact me though email@example.com or through one of the forms on the relevent page